Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bruin up some laughs

Sorry I've been MIA for over a month now, I don't know where the time goes! Actually, I guess what happened is I kind of somehow decided to sit in on a whole bunch of lectures at UCLA this quarter--20 hours worth to be exact--which makes for pretty busy weeks. My husband jokes that I'm taking more classes than he is and he's a registered full-time student! It's been good though, I'm learning lots of neat things (*geek*), and it's given me an excuse to put off doing all the things I really ought to be doing like getting health insurance and looking into converting our driver's licenses and whatnot (more on these eventually).

I had also kind of half-abandoned the blog figuring there wasn't anyone reading it anyway so I'll come back to it sometime, but then what do you know, I got my first email from another international student at Anderson asking more about finding a place to live in Westwood! So that gave me a nudge to come back and revisit all these drafts I have saved... which will all go live, slowly but surely!

In the meantime, I saw this poster on campus today for FREE stand-up comedy nights at UCLA so thought I'd share it with you. They're put on by "Bruin Up Some Laughs" and you can go see them every Tuesday at 8pm at Kerckhoff Coffee House. I've not been yet--it's on my "list" along with a gazillion other things--so let me know how they are if you end up going to check them out sometime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment